Things you never want to hear right before a service or event starts
Here are some things you probably never want to hear right before the service or event starts:
- "Hmm, I thought I saved those changes…"
- "There must have been a power outage. Seems none of the settings recalled"
- "I was just in the bathroom, but I forgot to take my mic pack off my belt…"
- "I just ran all the software updates for this computer"
- "I just upgraded ProPresenter to the latest version. I've been curious how it works"
- "I think the network is down"
- "This thing keeps crashing"
- "The speakers are making this weird, muffled, popping sound"
- "Hey, we just need to add _______ (fill in the blank with an instrument, singer, set piece, etc)
- "Hey, I just need a real simple graphic (or video) made"
- "I can't get the ___________ to turn on (fill in the blank with any important piece of equipment)
- As someone's about to speak/sing: "I'm not sure I replaced the batteries in that mic"
- "Where is ______________" (fill in the blank with a key volunteer who NEEDS to be here to operate the service)
- "You do remember we're doing baptisms today, right?" as baptistry sits empty or full of 60 degree water
- When asking to double check a video for the service: "What video?"
- "I didn't test this, but it'll probably work fine"
What don't you want to hear on a Sunday before service? Add your own in the comments!
posted by jon cook